Google Analytics

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beach-themed Mother's Day Quilt


Finished my Beach-themed Mother's Day Quilt.   She wanted Beach colors and I found this beautiful Teal/blue/Aqua fabric and two sparkly fabrics to go with it.  I think the medium "sand" color looks JUST LIKE Sand.   Since the aqua fabric was not sparkly I got some sparkly rayon thread for the quilting.  
 I made this quilt similar to the PINK AND GREY baby quilt I made recently.  This quilt is 10" smaller then the other one.   So I made the Ohio Star blocks 6" instead of 8" and I used 9-patch blocks instead of 16-patch blocks.  Here's the finished top:
 I did "Happy Mother's Day 2012" with trapunto.
 A celebratory glass of wine after the top was finished ;c)  
 Small stippling/scribbling in the wide "sand" sashing to accentuate the trapunto.   I quilted hearts in the cornerstones.  Feathers were quilted in the two borders and I outline quilted the rest.
 It was very windy that day ;c)


2 comments: